Express Entry is an online application system for skilled immigrants that was implemented on January 1, 2015. This channel is mainly for Federal Skilled workers; Canadian Experience Class; The Federal Skilled Trades Program and some provinces have nominated immigrants.
Only those who meet any of the above immigration application conditions can enter the EE candidate pool. After entering the EE candidate pool, the candidates will be scored according to the CRS scoring standard, and the immigration bureau will rank the candidates according to the CRS scoring standard. Applicants who meet the minimum score are eligible for ITA (Invitation to Apply) at the department of immigration.
Federal Skilled Worker Program - FSWP
• work experience: at least 1 year (1,560 hours per year/at least 30 hours per week) of full-time NOC 0, A, B experience in the past 10 years
• language ability: CLB7 (6 in all 4 categories in IELTS)
• education requirements: complete ECA diploma in Canada
• grading requirements: Canadian federal skilled immigrants rating scale, total score is 100, passing score is 67 (language, age, education, job, LMIA and adaptability)
Canadian Experience Class - CEC
• work experience: at least 1 year of full-time NOC 0, A and B experience in the past 3 years
• language skills: NOC 0, class A -- CLB 7 (the IELTS listening, speaking, reading and writing 4 items are up to 6 points)
NOC type B - CLB 5 (4 points for IELTS reading, 5 points for other three)
• education requirements: complete ECA in Canada
Federal Skilled Trades Program - FSTP
• work experience: at least 2 years in the past 5 years of full-time work in the technical category (more than 30 hours per week)
• language skills: English score: above CLB 5 in speaking and listening, above CLB 4 in reading and writing (IELTS: 5, 5, 3.5, 4 in listening, speaking, reading and writing)
• others: obtain employer-supported LMIA or government-issued skilled worker certificate