top of page

A new policy for Hong Kong

Hong Kong residents will be able to apply for a new Canadian open work permit starting February 8.

The new three-year work permits will allow Hongkongers to gain work experience in Canada. They can then use that experience toward an immigration application.

To be able to qualify, Hong Kong residents must have graduated with a Canadian post-secondary diploma or degree in the last 5 years, or hold an equivalent foreign credential. A post-secondary diploma program must be a minimum of 2 years.

Hong Kong residents currently in Canada. Visitor visa holders, students, and temporary workers can apply online from within Canada.

14 views0 comments


bottom of page